Monday, April 16, 2012

Queen City Craft Bazaar: Be There.

This time last year I was entering my very first craft show: the Queen City Craft Bazaar.  Well, a year later I've quadrupled my online business, have had my work for sale in three galleries, and raised my studio income from 2010 to 2011 by 2600%.  It's been one heck of a ride.  And now it's time for another Queen City Craft Bazaar.  I'm so excited, I can't stand it.  I love this show.  It's fun, it's affordable, it's low key, and there are a ton of amazing vendors spread over two floors of a beautiful old train station.  This year Kacey, the organizer, has lined up a band to play.  So flippin' awesome. 

This year, after reviewing my successes and challenges from all of the shows I participated in last year, I've come to a happy conclusion: my planters are the hit of my craft shows.  So, instead of lugging bags, pet beds, earrings, luggage, and the bazillion other things I make, all the way to the craft show, I'm bringing all planters.  I'm really, really excited about this.  Not only will it allow me to make a fun, planter focused display, but it means that I have to schlep 1/3 of the staging materials.  Plus, the upcycled planters are the star of the show anyway.  After having so very many people say "oh, do you make this stuff too?" after stopping to see the dino planters and then looking around at the rest of my displays, I realized that everything else is an afterthought.  So I'll sell everything else online where it sells really well, and sell the planters (which I hate shipping anyway) in person at shows.  Win win, people.  Win win. 

So come down to this year's Spring Queen City Craft Bazaar and see my expanded collection of fun and funky upcycled planters! You won't be sorry.  I promise.  Here's the facebook event page:  https://www.facebook.com/events/108759249258489/.  You'll thank yourself for going. 



2 comments:

  1. Awe thank you for the kind words! I'm so glad you have found success with your business. I love having you as a vendor. You are just so perfect for the show! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kacey! Can't wait for the 12th :)

    ReplyDelete