Monday, April 18, 2011

Purse from Ugly Wool Skirt Update

It sold!  In a mere few hours, the purse I made from the ugly wool skirt sold!  While I'm happy (really, really happy) whenever one of my items sells, I was a little sad to see this one go.  We spent a lot of time together, that skirt and me.  I looked at it for weeks, futzed around with ideas, swore like a sailor while stitching down the pleats, and when it was finally finished I toyed with keeping it.  But it's off to scenic Melbourne, Australia for the purse!  I hope it has a long and happy life. 

So to remind you, here was the skirt before:


And here it is after!






Don't worry, there are many more to come.  But there probably won't be another ugly floor length black and rainbow plaid wool skirt.  Unless you find one.  In which case, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment